Thursday, October 15, 2015

Pregnancy Update

Due date is Saturday, baby boy is in position, and we are ready to go.

Overall it's been a very healthy pregnancy. I have gained 28 pounds since February, 36 if you include the eight I lost in the first trimester, and people tell me it looks like I have a basketball attached to my stomach.

The last few weeks haven't exactly been comfortable, but I have fortunately avoided many of the negative symptoms in the third trimester such as swelling, heartburn, insomnia, backaches, sciatic nerve pain, leg cramps, and waddling. I have experienced some of these, but they have always been mild and short-lived. I get up only once during the night to use the bathroom, even though I drink a lot during the day, and as long as I eat and sit in front of the air conditioner, I don't get nauseous. I still don't have a lot of energy and it's difficult to get up once I'm sitting down, but I'm already being tricked into forgetting the beginning of all of this, and thinking I could survive another pregnancy.

Two days ago I met with one of the four nurse midwives that could deliver my baby, and after checking my cervix, she said that the baby is very low and coming very soon! She also said it's likely that my water will break, signaling that it's time to head to the hospital, and there's a good chance I will deliver before 41 weeks, which is the 24th. Crazy, crazy. I think we're ready....

And you better believe I'm sitting on a towel on the couch right now. 


1 comment:

  1. Haha! I love that you're sitting on a towel. I never had the foresight to do that but my water hasn't broken until just before pushing time anyways. I'm glad you've had a pretty good pregnancy and I hope you also have a good labor/delivery (as "good" as childbirth can be haha) so you can bring more baby birds into the world :D SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete